We are seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional customer service.
The Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit is looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent leadership, business acumen, customer service and communication skills to fill the role of Tourism Manager.
Based in one of Victoria’s most picturesque locations, you are surrounded by 101km2 of amazing coastal views and attractions here at Phillip Island. This is a unique opportunity to work at a world class motorsport venue and tourism attraction owned by Linfox.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will be responsible for management the day-to-day operations of our Visitor Centre and Go-Karts.
The role requires a significant focus on delivering exceptional customer service, refreshing our product offerings, driving marketing initiatives, increasing repeat visitation, growing our customers, and ultimately increasing profitability across the tourism business.
The Circuit’s core business is hiring the facility to customers who promote and operate corporate drive/ride days and events including the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix, Historic Cars, Shannons Nationals, Island Magic, and the Australian Superbike Championship.
In addition, we promote and organise the Australian Round of the Superbike World Championship.
Other important aspects of the Circuit’s business include:
- Operation of a tourism facility and visitor centre including go karts and historic car and bike museum; and Hospitality food and beverage operations
- Managing all aspects of our daily tourism operations
- Leading, motivating and developing staff to deliver a strong customer experience
- Growing revenues, finding efficiencies, and increasing profitability
- Overall administrative and financial management of the department
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL POSSESS:
- Qualifications and experience in Hospitality/Leisure/Tourism Management, Business, Event Management, or other relevant fields
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Proven sales and commercial acumen
- Strong administrative skills
- First Aid, RSA, Food Handling and WWC Certificates *
* Preferred but not essential. Suitable training will be provided where required.