2019 AUSTRALIAN MOTRCYCLE GRAND PRIX
Each accreditation pass granting entry to the MotoGP™ event (as defined in the Australian Grands Prix Act 1994 (Vic) (Act)) held at Phillip Island (as defined in the Act (Venue)) known as the 2019 AUSTRALIAN MOTORCYCLE GRAND PRIX (Event) is subject to the following Accreditation Conditions.
Definitions and interpretation
- In this document:
- AGPC means the Australian Grand Prix Corporation.
- Accreditation Holder means any person holding an accreditation pass on behalf of an Accreditation Organiser, including but not limited to contractors, service providers, concessionaires, exhibitors, observers, marshals, race entrants or media personnel.
- Accreditation Organiser means the person or corporate entity applying to be granted accreditation passes for the Event. The Accreditation Organiser is represented at the Event by the Accreditation Holders.
- Accreditation Pass is a:
- personal authorisation granted by AGPC in the form of a plastic card that is printed with the Accreditation Holder’s details and photograph and is accompanied by a lanyard; or
- vehicle authorisation granted by AGPC in the form of a car windscreen sticker.
- Accreditation Conditions means:
- the Accreditation Conditions set out in this document;
- the General Site Safety Rules attached to this document;
- the Attendance Conditions for the Event (available at entrances to the Event and at motogp.com.au);
- any conditions printed on accreditation passes;
- the Act and any regulations referred to in the Act; and
- all reasonable directions given by officers, employees or agents of AGPC, Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), Dorna Sports S.L. (Dorna), Motorcycling Australia Ltd (MA) or Motorcycling Victoria (MV) including, without limitation, directions or requirements in connection with access to the Phillip Island Grand Prix circuit.
- Where an Accreditation Pass has been issued to an Accreditation Holder for the purpose of performing agreed duties during the Event, the Accreditation Pass is only to be used for that purpose. For example, an Accreditation Pass must not be used to access:
- the Event on days when the Accreditation Holder is not required at the Event to perform agreed duties; or
- restricted areas of the Event where the Accreditation Holder is not required in that area to perform agreed duties.
- Accreditation Passes, including the pass and the accompanying lanyard, must be worn visibly by the Accreditation Holder at all times while at the Venue.
- Accreditation Holders must also carry proof of identity at the Venue and must present it upon request.
- Any Accreditation Holder who breaches any Accreditation Condition may have their Accreditation Pass withdrawn or may be refused entry or directed to leave the Venue by AGPC, or may be otherwise liable at law, including to a penalty issued under the Act.
Consumption of alcohol
- The consumption of alcohol by the Accreditation Holder is strictly prohibited while at the Venue.
- The Accreditation Organiser must:
- ensure Accreditation Holders comply with the Accreditation Conditions;
- only issue an Accreditation Pass to the person whose name and photograph appears on the Accreditation Pass;
- ensure that where an Accreditation Pass has been issued to an Accreditation Holder for the purpose of performing agreed duties during, before, after and at the Event, the Accreditation Pass is only to be used for that purpose; and
- ensure Accreditation Holders are aware of the warning in Accreditation Condition 28.
- The Accreditation Organiser is responsible for all acts or omissions of Accreditation Holders at the Event, including, without limitation, any loss, damage or injury arising out of such acts or omissions. The Accreditation Organiser must indemnify and keep indemnified AGPC in respect of any such loss, damage or injury.
- If the Accreditation Organiser breaches any Accreditation Condition, it may have any or all of its Accreditation Passes withdrawn or may be otherwise liable at law, including to a penalty issued under the Act.
Accreditation Passes generally
- All Accreditations Passes remain the property of AGPC. As such, whether or not any rules and/or an Accreditation Condition has been breached:
- AGPC may refuse entry to the Venue to any Accreditation Holder; and
- AGPC may, in its absolute discretion, require an Accreditation Holder to surrender an Accreditation Pass at any time. The Accreditation Holder must immediately deliver the Accreditation Pass to AGPC and leave the Venue by the nearest exit.
- All Accreditation Passes are strictly non-transferable. Accreditation Passes may not be sold, on-sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred (including for advertising or other promotional purposes such as prizes, contests or sweepstakes) without the prior written consent of AGPC (acting in its absolute discretion).
- The Accreditation Organiser and Accreditation Holders must keep Accreditation Passes safe and in good condition, as AGPC is not obliged to replace any Accreditation Pass under any circumstances, including but not limited to loss or theft.
- The Accreditation Organiser must submit all applications for Accreditation Passes to the Venue no later than 5pm AEST on Friday 18 October 2019.
- The Accreditation Organiser must not apply for an Accreditation Pass on behalf of an Accreditation Holder to days of the Event when the Accreditation Holder is not required at the Event to perform agreed duties.
- The number and type of Accreditation Passes given to the Accreditation Organiser by AGPC will be at the absolute discretion of AGPC and AGPC may attach any conditions to such number and type of accreditations in its absolute discretion.
Accreditation Passes for vehicles
- The Accreditation Holder accepts that if they breach any of the Accreditation Conditions, AGPC may, in addition to any other remedy available to it at law, immediately withdraw the Vehicle accreditation and remove the Vehicle from the Venue.
- The Accreditation Holder must not operate the Vehicle within the Venue under any circumstances:
- when under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- in a careless, negligent or reckless manner; or
- in excess of safe speeds.
- Accreditation Holder accepts responsibility for compliance with all relevant traffic and parking laws, site requirements imposed by AGPC and any other regulations relating to the Vehicle during the Event.
- If the Vehicle is a motor scooter, bicycle, quad or off-road vehicle, the Accreditation Holder must always wear a helmet that complies with relevant Australian Standards when operating the Vehicle as per the operators guideline/manual.
- Unless approved in writing by AGPC, the Accreditation Holder must not operate the Vehicle:
- on the race track;
- without a current motorcycle/drivers licence that is valid for operation of the Vehicle;
- to tow and/or propel any vehicle, object or person unless the vehicle has a towbar;
- to carry more than the number of passengers for which seats are available, including, if the Vehicle has a tray, it must not be used to carry passengers;
- in a way that is contrary to the owner’s manual and any warning labels affixed to the Vehicle; or
- while smoking or consuming food or drinks.
- Accreditation Holder must notify the AGPC as soon as is reasonably practicable, but always within 24 hours, if the Vehicle is damaged or involved in:
- damage to any person or property; or
- site requirements or other regulations relating to the Vehicle; or
- any occupational health and safety incident or ‘near miss’.
- Where requested to do so, the Accreditation Holder must assist AGPC in every way to investigate and respond to any matter relating to the Vehicle, including by completing required documentation.
- Accreditation Holder must indemnify and hold harmless AGPC and the Vehicle owner, from:
- fines or penalties;
- liability for claims, loss, damage, costs or expenses arising from:
- the death of or personal injury to any person; or
- loss, damage or destruction of any property (including the Vehicle);
- which may be occasioned by my operation of the Vehicle in breach of:
- traffic and parking laws, site requirements and other regulations relating to the Vehicle; or
- infringement of these Accreditation Conditions.
- Vehicle Accreditation Passes must be displayed visibly on the windscreen of the Vehicle prior to entry to the Venue and at all times while the Vehicle is at the Venue.
- Where a Vehicle Accreditation Pass has been issued to an Accreditation Holder for the purpose of the Vehicle accessing particular areas of the Venue or performing agreed duties during the Event, the Accreditation Pass is only to be used for that purpose.
- If a Vehicle is parked in an area within the Venue that requires a specific Accreditation Pass, and that Accreditation Pass is not displayed, the Vehicle may be towed by AGPC without notice at the Accreditation Holder’s expense.
- All Vehicles are brought into the Venue at the Accreditation Holder’s own risk.
- WARNING: MOTOR RACING, THE EVENT AND ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUPPORT EVENTS) ARE DANGEROUS AND ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Accreditation Organiser and Accreditation Holders exclude, release and forever discharge AGPC, the Crown in right of the State of Victoria, the Minister administering the Act, the Minister administering the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978 (Vic), Dorna, FIM, Dorna Worldwide Freight Services b.v., Dorna Worldwide S.L., Externpro S.L., Fontetes Motor, S.L., Promomedia, S.L.U, Motor Medical Team S.L., International Events Services SL, Promotor Special Events Worldwide SL,PI Circuit Pty Ltd, PI Graydens Pty Ltd, PI Sunrise-McGuigan Pty Ltd, PI Visitor Centre Pty Ltd, PI Operations Pty Ltd, Linfox Property Group Pty Ltd, Fox Group Holdings Pty Ltd, International Road Racing Teams Association, APP Corporation Pty Ltd, MA and MV, all other persons involved in the conduct, promotion and organisation of the Event including officials, marshals, rescue and medical staff, competitors and riders (such parties to include where relevant all directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and affiliated companies and their respective personnel) from all liability for claims, loss, damage, costs or expenses (whether arising under statute, from negligence, personal injury, death, property damage, infringement of third party rights or otherwise) arising from or in connection with the Event and Accreditation Passes issued under these Accreditation Conditions.
- Without limiting any action available to AGPC pursuant to the Act, Accreditation Organisers and Accreditation Holders must not make, create, store, record, transmit, reproduce or use any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage (Recording), and any image, including photographic images and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording (Image) of the Event, or store, record, transmit, reproduce or use any information or other data, including official timing, results, performance, telemetry, weather or race control data (Data) of, at, or in relation to the Event for any form of public advertisement, transmission, display or for profit or commercial gain or for any other purpose (except for the private enjoyment of the person making the Recording, Data or Image), without the prior written consent of AGPC, Dorna and FIM.
- If an Accreditation Organiser or Accreditation Holder makes, creates, records, transmits, reproduces or uses any Recording or Image of, at or in relation to the Event or any part of it with or without the consent of AGPC, Dorna or FIM, the Accreditation Organisers or Accreditation Holder must:
- Remove the Recording or Image immediately from the relevant media platform;
- on request by AGPC, Dorna or FIM assign, in writing, all copyright and all other intellectual property in any such Image or Recording to AGPC, Dorna or FIM or assignees or nominees as directed by AGPC, Dorna or FIM; and
- consent to use by AGPC, Dorna or FIM and any assignees or nominees of any such Recording or Image taken at the Event in any publication, exhibition or broadcast (including any advertising or promotional material) in any media worldwide.
- AGPC may add to, alter or otherwise vary any Accreditation Conditions without notice to Accreditation Holders or the Accreditation Organiser.
- Under the Act, AGPC controls the Venue during the Event. At all times, AGPC or its representatives may with reasonable cause refuse entry to any Accreditation Holder or direct any Accreditation Holder to leave the Event.
- These Accreditation Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria.
On behalf of the Accreditation Organiser, I declare that:
- I have the authority to submit this application on behalf of the Accreditation Organiser and each prospective Accreditation Holder;
- all information provided by the Accreditation Organiser to AGPC is true and complete;
- I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the Accreditation Conditions;
- the Accreditation Organiser unreservedly accepts responsibility and liability for Accreditation Holders in accordance with the Accreditation Condition 8;
- each Accreditation pass issued to the Accreditation Organiser will only be provided to the person whose name and photograph appears on the Accreditation Pass; and
- Accreditation Passes will not be transferred.
ANY UNAUTHORISED USE OF AN ACCREDITATION PASS MAY RESULT IN REMOVAL OF THE ACCREDITATION HOLDER FROM THE VENUE, OR WITHDRAWAL OF ALL ACCREDITATION PASSES ISSUED TO THE ACCREDITATION ORGANISER.